Exclusive Gated Communities in CalabasasOctober 14, 2014 by Gregory Corman
Just a short drive away from Malibu lies the city of Calabasas in Los Angeles County. Located in the southwest portion of the San Fernando Valley within the Santa Monica Mountains, the city is also referred to as the “Beverly Hills of the Valley” due to its upscale feel and the many celebrities who reside there. Calabasas is known for its many luxurious estates in exclusive gated communities that offer privacy, seclusion, and security. Among the most prominent gated communities here are:
- One of the most desirable communities in Calabasas, with highly sought-after properties and world-class amenities that include a fitness center, gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, and hiking trails.
- Around 500 homes worth a million dollars and above can be found in this guarded, gated enclave that provides breathtaking views of the Santa Monica Mountains.
- A gated community within a gated community, The Estates is located inside The Oaks and is accessed through a tree-lined street that leads to a second set of guarded gates.
- Offering unrivalled security and privacy, as well as the high-end amenities shared by The Oaks, The Estates is appropriately named when it comes to housing options, as the 50 homes in this community are expansive estate properties that are 10,000 square feet or more.
Mountain View Estates.
- This private, gated community of 385 homes enjoys a unique location surrounded by the federally protected Santa Monica National recreation area and as such offers sweeping views of the mountains.
- Homes have larger lots than usual and have luxurious amenities, such as swimming pools, tennis courts, and spacious yards. Residents have access to biking and hiking trails, and the area is conveniently near the city’s schools and retail centers.
Other noteworthy gated communities in Calabasas are Vista Pointe, Calabasas Park Estates, The Ridge, Bellagio, Mont Calabasas, and Westridge. All offer privacy, guarded security, and easy access to amenities, and are all within close proximity to the award-winning schools of the Las Virgenes Unified School District. Check out our next blog posts featuring these exclusive neighborhoods!